Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel
Frequently asked questions
regarding the cancellation of the
Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel
On this page you will find answers to numerous questions you might have regarding the cancellation of the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel. We are regularly updating this page with new information, so please check back if you still have any doubts.
last update on April 23rd at 11 am (CET)
- What happens with the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel package (hotel+registration) I bought one through Holimites for the 34th Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel 2020 edition?
The amount paid for the holiday offer will be automatically credited to you in the form of voucher (article 28 legislative decree 9 - 2nd March 2020) that can be used in the 2021 calendar year. You can use the voucher to book any package through Holimites (it doesn't necessarily need to be a Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel package).
Aside from MdD-Enel, Holimites organizes a wide range of sports and recreational packages in the Dolomites. What is more, we are also a travel agency, therefore, we can offer you travel packages abroad. Furthermore, you can transfer the voucher to other people. Your package will be cancelled automatically.
- Do I have the possibility to “freeze” my booking to the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel 2021?
No, unfortunately it is not possible to reschedule your reservation for the 2021 date. You will be able to buy a Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel package (hotel+ registration) for 2021 as usual during the sale in October. It will be a completely new reservation, for which you will have priority access and the guaranteed entry to the event if you decide to use your voucher for this event.
- The official announcement of the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel states that registrations are kept valid for 2021. Why do those who have purchased a package through Holimites have to rebook?
We have considered the option of moving all bookings to 2021 (1 to 1). But as it is a holiday package that includes multiple services from different providers, it becomes more complicated, if not impossible. All the individual factors and services (available accommodation facilities, number of rooms and prices - to list just a few), should remain exactly the same to guarantee the service. This is something we cannot guarantee at the moment. For this reason, the voucher and the new booking option (with priority access and therefore with the guarantee to get the starting place) is the only solution available. In the coming months we will take this situation to heart, we will contact every single hotel and try to get the same conditions. Holimites guests will then get an update of the situation.
- When I'll be able to rebook, the names of the guests joining my group must be the same as the original booking?
No, as this will be an "open" voucher the names of the components of the group have not to be the same.
- My package also includes Holimites travel insurance. What happens to the amount I paid for insurance?
You can transfer the insurance of your Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel package to another MdD-Enel booking. The travel insurance will automatically be transferred to the new booking if you rebook a MdD-Enel package for 2021 in October of this year. Unfortunately, the insurance cannot be transferred to any other kind of package offered by Holimites. The insurance will therefore lose its validity and the amount cannot be refunded.
That being said, your travel insurance will maintain its validity if you should still decide to come on holiday in the Dolomites during the 2020 booked period.
- Do I need to write an e-mail to cancel my package and to receive the voucher for 2021?
No. Cancellation of the 2020 package, as well as emission of the voucher to be used in 2021 is automatic.
If you decide to use your voucher to buy a new 2021 Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel package, we will inform you later on about your options. Please note that all customers who keep their voucher in order to buy a 2021 MdD-Enel package will have priority access to our booking system.
- I already scheduled my vacation days at work for the period of the Maratona. Can I still come on holiday, if the situation get's better, and stay at the booked hotel?
Yes, this is also possible. If you would like to opt for this solution, please send us an e-mail by May 10th 2020 so that we can contact the hotel to confirm your reservation. In this case, we will recalculate the travel costs. You will receive a voucher for the remaining amount which can be used for a future reservation with Holimites.
- I've already canceled my package. Can I opt for keeping the amount valid for a future reservation?
No. If you already received a refund for the 2020 package, it is not possible to reclaim the reservation.
- What happens if the total amount of my new booking for the year 2021 is less than the current for 2020?
If the total value of the voucher is not used with the new booking, a new voucher with the remaining amount will be issued. This voucher can be used in the 2021 calendar year. You can transfer the voucher to other people.