An innovative trekking experience with a moderate grading, for those of you who - once you've reached the top - prefer to pass on the mountain hut and go for the refined comforts of a fancy hotel.
Five stages, from San Vigilio di Marebbe to Ortisei, going through Corvara. Each night in a different hotel, with Holimites taking care of all the logistics, including transfer of luggage and a convenient shuttle service for guests, allowing you to enjoy a relaxing holiday that combines laidback comfort with the beaty of the Dolomites.
Length: 07 nights
Arrival in Val Badia: Meet and greet in San Vigilio di Marebbe and briefing with a Holimites tour expert. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
1st day: approx. 17.5 km (11 miles) with +750 m (2460 feet) elevation gain; -700 m (2300 feet) elevation loss
Transfer using public transport from San Vigilio to Pederü, starting point of the trek. From Pederü to San Cassiano passing through the Fanes-Sennes-Braies Natural Park. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
2nd day: approx. 13.5 km (8.4 miles) with +600 m (1970 feet) e. g.; -650 m (2130 feet) e. l.
From San Cassiano to Corvara passing through the Störes-Pralongià fields. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel in Corvara.
3rd day: Free day - Wellness - Relax - Shopping day in Corvara. For those interested, possibility to organize a Via Ferrata or a paraglider tandem flight (not included in the price - must be booked in advance). Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
4th day: approx. 14.5 km (9 miles) with +800 m (2625 feet) e. g.; -1100 m (3600 feet) e. l.
From Corvara to Selva passing through the Natural Park of Puez. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
5th day: approx. 18 km (11 miles) with +450 m (1480 feet) e. g.; -750 m (2460 feet) e. l.
Transfer using public transport to Passo Sella. From Passo Sella to Kompatsch on the Alpe di Siusi. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
6th day: approx. 8.5 km (5.3 miles) with +100 m (330 feet) e. g.; -700 m (2300 feet) e. l.
From Alpe di Siusi to Ortisei. Free afternoon or gondola/train ride to Resciesa Plateau and short walk. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
7th day: Departure.
The program can be personalized! We can modify the single stages or shorten and/or extend the duration of the tour.
You have the possibility to do this tour with one of our local tour experts, or, if you prefer, a self-guided tour.
What are the advantages of an escorted tour – a tour with a local expert?
• The local expert knows the trails like the back of his hand, and is also well informed about mountains, fauna and flora, and the many traditions of the Dolomites world. Are you already fascinated by the Dolomite legends?
• The tour is enriched with so much knowledge and information. Tales, stories, and high quantity of tips from locals - from people who grew up here and have much more to tell than the best book.
• Luggage transport from hotel to hotel is also a big plus. You can hike with a small backpack, because your luggage is already waiting for you in the next hut.
• The weather, or more specifically, bad weather, is not to be underestimated in the mountains, and our local experts have years of experience with it. In case of thunderstorms, rain or even snowfall (yes, even in August it can snow sometimes), they know exactly what to do.
• The correct estimation of the hiking pace is a skill learned over time. When hiking alone, it’s difficult to keep the same pace. This can result in a serious miscalculation of walking time. The guide knows exactly when it’s time to take a break, or to push the group with a chocolate bar.
• The community: during our guided tours, people meet who already have something in common from the beginning: the love for nature and being active. The popularity of our guides with the various hut and hotels owners can also turn out to be a great benefit (we just say: Grappa!).
KEEP IT PRIVATE
Do you want to reserve one of our guided tours exclusively for you and your group of friends? Choose any tour that you like, contact us and remember to tell us how many people are in your group. We will send you a personalized quote based on the number of participants.
Holimites is keen to help you plan and organize your arrival and departure. Together we will find the best travel solution, and we will help you to book bus or train tickets, arrange the car rental, or book a private transfer service. Here (link) you will find more information about travel to the Dolomites. We recommend arriving in the Dolomites one/two days prior to your tour departure to acclimatize and adjust to the time change.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
*INCLUDED DURING THE ESCORTED TOURS
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is some training necessary before participating in this trekking tour?
Yes, it is highly recommended. Sore legs, blisters, or other ailments related to walking following the first stage could ruin ruin the entire week for some. This trip is suited for people that are already strong walkers.
I have some issues with elevation, is that a problem?
The treks each day are between 1,500 and 2,300 meters of altitude (between 4,900 and 7,500 feet). If you have trouble with high elevations, please consult a doctor or medical professional for their expert opinion before booking this trip.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
Sir Alan Flemming once stated: “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing”. But, it’s surely possible that bad weather conditions may prohibit our planned tour in some cases. If this happens to
be the case, the guide will reorganize the upcoming stages.
I want do to a self-guided trekking. Are the trails well marked?
Yes, the trails are well marked, but it‘s important to pay attention and be sure to stay on the correct path. During the briefing a Holimites trail expert will explain you every stage exactly.
What specific clothing do you recommend?
We suggest you always carry a light hydration pack with a few layers such as a light insulation jacket, gloves and a hat. Also, keep in mind that the weather in the mountains can quickly change.
The programs on the catalog don‘t match my expectations. Are there alternative offers?
On request, Holimites can customize a program for you. Is the tour too long or the stages to challenging? Do you prefer a different itinerary? Would you like to book some extra days to relax in the hotel or on a mountain hut? Just send us a request and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Should I expect to climb a Via Ferrata?
Our standard programs don't include a Via Ferrata. But gladly we can organize one for you with a certified IFMGA-UIAGM Alpine Guide. There is the opportunity to do the Via Ferrata during a stage or you can add an extra day at the beginning or at the end of your tour.
What about having lunch in the mountains?
For lunch you can stop in one of the huts to taste some traditional food or you have the possibility to buy a lunch package in the hut where you overnight.